Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas French Toast!


I was told about this recipe a few months ago but hadn't tried it yet. However, I thought, "What better occasion than Christmas breakfast?!" So this morning, I made this for my mother and brother. We all came to the general consensus that it was amazing and so I had to share it!

Ingredients:

1 cup non-dairy milk (I used Silk Soy Milk)
2-3 Tablespoons flour
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
Dash (or more) of cinnamon
4 slices of bread (I used cinnamon raisin bread, but any bread will work!)
Non-stick spray or butter

1.) Mix together soy milk, flour, sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
2.) Dip both sides of the bread in the batter and place in a lightly greased (or buttered) pan.
3.) Fry bread, rotating on both sides, until golden brown.
4.) Serve with powdered sugar, syrup, strawberries, or whatever your favorite topping is!

Yield: 4 servings

I used cinnamon raisin bread because we had just gotten a fresh loaf at Cinnamon Productions (which has the worlds best tuna sandwiches...but that is besides the point). I topped it with butter and had strawberries and pomegranates on the side. It was truly one of the best breakfasts I've had in a while! I am sure that other types of bread work great too :)

[Adapted from VegWeb]

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment